Odpowiedz 

Ocena wątku:
  • 0 Głosów - 0 Średnio
Barring any setbacks, Titans coach Mike Vrabel expects his quarterback to play Sunday
Autor Wiadomość
zhangzk

Liczba postów: 0
Reputacja: 0
Barring any setbacks, Titans coach Mike Vrabel expects his quarterback to play Sunday
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota practiced fully Wednesday after being knocked out of Tennessee's season opener when he hurt the elbow on his right www.texansauthorizedshops.com , throwing arm."He's feeling good," Vrabel said. "He was able to practice. He had some rest there Monday and Tuesday, and so he was able to get through and do everything and really looked OK."That's when the Titans (0-1) host rival Houston (0-1) in an early AFC South showdown.Mariota briefly left the 27-20 loss in Miami after a late hit from Dolphins end William Hayes after a handoff. Vrabel said the NFL told him that play should have been flagged as a late hit on the quarterback. Mariota returned but left for good after his second interception in a game that was the league's longest since at least the NFL/AFL merger in 1970 due to lightning.The quarterback said after the game he experienced some numbness in his right hand."I'm feeling pretty good, kind of taking it one day at a time," Mariota said. "But I was able to go through practice today, and it felt pretty good."Mariota has missed at least one game each of his first three seasons with Tennessee , and a variety of leg injuries have kept the No. 2 overall draft pick out of six games. The Titans are 1-5 in those games, and three of those came against Houston. Mariota left a 57-14 rout last October with an injured hamstring.The quarterback said he has never had this type of injury before and that he still had some tingling in his hand Wednesday. In the portion of practice open to reporters, Mariota's passes didn't appear to have his usual velocity. Both Vrabel and Mariota dismissed any concerns."I didn't have the Jugs gun out so it was kind of hard to tell," Vrabel said. "But for the most part, it looked like it was getting to where it was supposed to be. ... I didn't notice a huge difference."Mariota said he didn't notice any difference, though the spin of the ball coming out of his hand might've been a bit different."I don't think velocity is a problem Houston Texans Womens T-Shirt , the rotation of it maybe," Mariota said. "But with that being said, as long as it gets there, it doesn't matter how it looks."The Titans already have lost Mariota's favorite pass threat with tight end Delanie Walker having surgery Wednesday on the right ankle he broke late in the Dolphins' game. Two-time Pro Bowl left tackle Taylor Lewan was sent home Wednesday by the Titans as he continues in the concussion protocol after being knocked out of the opener as well.Right tackle Jack Conklin remains limited as he works his way back after tearing his left ACL in January.And the Titans added wide receiver Corey Davis to the injury report Wednesday. Davis, who led Tennessee with six catches for 62 yards in Miami, was limited with an injured hamstring.Notes: Vrabel said he did hear from the NFL that the hit on Mariota should've been flagged for a late hit on the quarterback. ... Rookie LB Rashaan Evans (hamstring) practiced fully. The 22nd pick overall out of Alabama missed each preseason game and the opener. LB Harold Landry (ankle) did not practice along with S Kendrick Lewis (foot). LB Derrick Morgan (knee) was limited.Follow Teresa M. Walker at teresamwalker With two minutes remaining, the Houston Texans down 24-21 to the Indianapolis Colts and needing a critical stop at midfield on third-and-1, Andrew Luck tried and tried to draw the Texans offside.With the play clock dwindling and the Colts facing having to burn a timeout, Luck gave it one last try.Texans defensive end Jadeveon Clowney took the bait.The 5-yard penalty gave the Colts a first down and, ultimately, the win. The Colts (7-6) snapped a nine-game winning streak by the Texans (9-4), trimming Houston's lead over the AFC South to two games with three remaining.Clowney later refused to comment when approached by reporters."He jumped offsides," Texans defensive end J.J. Watt said. "I mean Houston Texans Hats , I think we all saw the same thing. I don't know what you want me to tell you."Houston's longtime struggles against the Colts returned Sunday. Their Texans' winning streak started with a 37-34 overtime win in Indianapolis on Sept. 30, but they returned to prior misfortunes against the AFC South foe, falling to 8-26 all-time against the Colts, including 5-12 at NRG Stadium."I think the Colts did a good job, but we didn't play well as an offense," Texans coach Bill O'Brien said. "It's always going to be the quarterback, the head coach. I totally understand that, but we just weren't very good as an offense. We were never able to get into a rhythm."Indianapolis' defense gave Houston fits both in the passing and running game. The Colts sacked Watson five times for a loss of 41 yards and held Houston's rushing offense to just 89 yards on 25 carries.Watson had 267 yards passing and 35 yards rushing. Tight end Ryan Griffin led Houston receivers with 80 yards on five catches, while DeAndre Hopkins was held to 36 yards on four catches, including a late 7-yard touchdown reception that cut the lead to three."You learn more with a loss than a win," Watson said. "The wins, you create the mistakes but you won, you celebrate and kind of put them behind. Losses kind of bring out the negative plays. We'll correct what we need to correct Houston Texans Womens Hoodie , get back on the same page and move on from it. Maybe it's a good thing that we ended up losing today, but you never want to lose, you always want to win."We'll push forward."Luck threw for 399 yards and two touchdowns, and receiver T.Y. Hilton piled on 199 yards on nine catches. Hilton entered the game as the all-time leader in receiving yards per game at NRG Stadium with 122.3 yards and finished Sunday just shy of 200 yards with nine catches on 12 targets. In seven career games in Houston, Hilton has topped 100 yards four times, with three of those topping 175 yards."We just came off a nine-winning streak, so it's important to not cave your own walls in," Texans safety Tyrann Mathieu said. "We did some great things this season, and obviously, still have a lot still to play for. We're not packing our bags quite yet. I think you need to lose every now and then to really get a grip on what teams are trying to do to you."

Moje poprzednie tematy:
14-01-2019 10:57
Znajdź wszystkie posty użytkownika Odpowiedz cytując ten post
Odpowiedz